The Nala Project is a community development initiative founded for the purpose of bringing people to interact through shopping, dining and entertainment.
Sefiekeng sa Moshoeshoe Maseru
The Nala Project is a community development initiative founded for the purpose of bringing together people on a monthly basis, all year round, to interact through shopping, dining and entertainment all in one space.
There is a dire need for family friendly events that also foster business relations with small vendors and suppliers in the food and craft industries; and provide a platform for the public to access locally produced goods and fresh produce. The event will also provide a stage for performers to share their craft in an open-mic setting to introduce their work to a diverse audience and provide entertainment to the public.
The project seeks to:
• Showcase a full range of local foods and crafts,
• Expand the local food economy and creative entrepreneurial activity,
• Improve food security, including the protection of local farmland,
• Serve as an important meeting place between producers and consumers,
• Educate the public about urban agriculture, health/nutrition, and innovative local
• Enhance the walkable urban design and liveability of the downtown core
• Rejuvenate the park and the history connected to it
• Provide a stage for local and international artists
• Create a vibrant, cultural experience for residents and visitors alike.
• Provide a space where small entrepreneurs can network and learn more on how to improve their businesses
• Promote tourism by creating a unique social market where tourists can access local products with high value